Bake in a 375 degree oven uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Prep and cook time does not include chilling time.
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) cans diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, 4 ounces shredded
- In the bottom of a greased 3 quart rectangular baking dish, arrange muffin halves in the bottom. Overlap muffins as necessary to make them fit well; set aside.
- Using a large skillet, cook sausage until brown, drain.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs. Add sausage, sour cream, and chilies and mix until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the muffins and press lightly to thoroughly moisten the muffins.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rum (optional)
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- In a heavy, saucepan, combine eggs, white sugar, and salt; gradually stir in milk. Stirring constantly, cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat, until mixture just coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat, and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Place saucepan over ice water until custard cools, and then refrigerate until chilled.
- In a chilled bowl, combine heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat until stiff peaks form. Stir in rum and yellow food coloring. Fold whipped cream mixture into the cooled custard. Pour into serving bowl, and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
3. Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.