- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
1. In a medium saucepan, combine peas, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then stir in butter.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together cream, flour, and sugar. Stir mixture into peas. Cook over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
Here is the recipe that I’ve been following. I like it because its close to what I remember from my childhood.
Stringy Roast Beef
- 5-6 LB Blade chuck roast
- 3-4 Large onions thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 C beef stock
- 1 head of garlic peeled
- 2 peeled & quartered potatoes per person
- 2 peeled & chunked carrots per person
- 1 1/2 C water
- additional onions if desired
How to make it
Preheat oven to 400*
- Put roast & onions in deep roaster, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook uncovered 1 to 1.5 hours until meat is well browned.
- Reduce heat to 350*
- Add enough stock to cover bottom of pan, add garlic cloves and cover with foil.
- Cook for 2 hours.
- Add veggies and 1.5 C of water, recover and cook an additional 1.5 hours.
- You may add additional onions when you add the other veggies.
- Reserve juices for gravy.