- 1 1/2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Combine the margarine, salt, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Making your own brown gravy recipe is about the same amount of work as using a packaged gravy mix. But, the taste of this gravy recipe is so superior to those artificially flavored packets; you’ll never want to use them again!
Makes 8 Portions of Brown Gravy
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 quart cold beef broth (as high-quality as possible!)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until the mixture is golden-brown and smells like cooked pie crust.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Whisk in a cup of the cold beef broth, and then add the rest of the ingredients, except the salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, whisking, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper.